Wednesday, 8 July 2015

Words and Pictures



As regular readers and followers will know, my blog leans towards the visual more than the written word. Some would say I am image heavy! I do at times write more, share and give an insight it what may be featuring in my life, situations that trouble or delight. When I began this blog over five years ago, I had no idea what to expect from it, where it would take me or the areas of my life I would share with readers. It has simply evolved. I am not a natural 'writer' but I am a visual person. My small business venture is very design/visually based/led. It is what I do. 


The one 'rule' that I set myself when using any form of social media and particularly here on my blog is to be truthful. Nothing contrived, I don't follow trends just for the sake of it. I just post what matters to me and inspires me. If that makes me rather image heavy, I am guilty. Hopefully you too will find something uplifting when you visit.


xxx

9 comments:

  1. Do they call this image heavy? No problem, I like your images very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you say "image heavy", it sounds like a criticism, perhaps self criticism. The images that you post on your blog is what I like about your blog. You have a very good eye. You have a consistent voice in that. You are telling a story - with these images. I love it, please keep it up! It's honest and fresh- but also elegant, simple and beautiful- in my humble opinion...

    Lise-Lotte
    partygreen.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, they matter x

      Delete
  3. I love photos.. so it don't bother me a bit.. sometimes it's better in my opinion.. there's many times I don't really know what to say so I'd rather post photos.. with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Basically, a digital camera records electronic images by focusing light through a series of lenses onto a sensor. The images are stored as binary digital data on fixed or removable devices, which can later be read by a computer. This is an extremely simplified explanation; the process is a bit more complicated, but a lot more interesting!


    http://innertradingcirclereviews.co/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an example of seeing the same thing from two different sides, a positive and a possibly negative! Image-heavy sounds like a detraction...there is no need to apologize for your beautiful style and spirit. I just stopped to think and realized that this is the only blog that I have been visiting consistently for...five or six years? It is the freshness, simplicity, and quiet beauty that I love. It is peaceful, and beautifully lacking in a hype and desperation? that I sense elsewhere.

    Not only that, but in recent years, I've been following the credits that you put on your photos and have found some tumblr sites that I visit nearly every day for inspiration and spiritual lift. CowParsley has been a gift to me, personally, in many ways. How true are all those online quotes about the beauty in just being you! :-)

    And if I've never said thank you, I say it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flordelisa. What an incredibly lovely comment. Thank you SO much, this brought tears to my eyes. I am so thrilled that you find so much enjoyment from my blog. Thank You xx

      Delete
  6. Your blog inspires me and always adds beauty to my day. I enjoy every visit here, and think you are so gifted in sharing the uplifting and encouragement to all who visit here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete