Thursday, 18 June 2015

Absence makes the heart grow fonder



I am guilty of neglecting my blog. This has not been intentional, now I am running my business, other forms of social media sadly seem to demand more of my attention. I am not overly comfortable with some of these, at times they lack"heart". When I started my blog over 5 years ago I had no idea if it was something that I would enjoy doing, what I really hoped to get from it, and if others would enjoy anything I posted. I didn't set out with a plan, I just posted things that inspired me. I still do. One of the greatest benefits of having a blog is becoming aware of other bloggers out there. This has become one of the most pleasurable aspects for me.





I have a sense of loyalty to my blog, it matters to me, the people that take the time to follow it and comment matter. It has a presence in my life and I have an unexpected affection for it. Some other forms of social media require less thought, maybe that makes them appear less genuine? Posting a blog feels more personal. So I will endeavour to pay more attention to it, visit it more often, and continue to enjoy this unique place we inhabit called blogging!

 all images via me and previous blog posts.




Thank You for following xxx




4 comments:

  1. I am glad you are blogging! :o)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad- I love the pictures you post- they are inspiring, beautiful and often really speak to the heart.
    I am trying to spend more time on my blog too. Your post reminds me of that...

    Lise-Lotte
    partygreen.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love dropping by and perusing your beautiful pictures. Life often gets in the way doesnt it, like you say, blogging is more personal somehow, Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for still spending time here...I'm so glad that you do! Yes, I agree that the structures of other forms of social media are more hectic, impersonal, and limited, while this is gracious and beautiful.
    Kindest regards,
    Fiordelisa

    ReplyDelete