Friday, 30 May 2014

Pies, Peonies and Hay




I LOVE Lemon Meringue pie




Gorgeous Peonies in season now







All above via Pinterest




We took a trip to the The Hay Festival for the first time this year. I went primarily to attend some talks organised by Country Living magazine on setting up a business. Both talks were very inspiring, informative and the talk with Emma Bridgewater and Matthew Rice was hugely entertaining and hilarious, Matthew has a wonderfully dry sense of humour.
I was so impressed by the whole feel, quality and diversity of the festival that I think we will make it an annual visit The setting is glorious and the atmosphere very friendly.

The plans for my business are moving apace, my designs are now officially "in work". The logo is done and the website is being built...... Hopefully I will soon have something to share with you, I am being cautious, I don't want to jinx anything yet!



























The Hay Festival


Enjoy Your Weekend xxx

7 comments:

  1. Peonies and Lemon meringue pie…..both gorgeous! How exciting that things are progressing so well with the new business venture….can't wait to hear all about it! Have a lovely weekend.

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a fan of lemon meringue pie and peonies too. Our deep pink peonies are in full bloom. Great photo of the deckchairs. I vaguely remember seeing them on sale somewhere and I was admiring the unusual design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love lemon meringue but have never attempted to make it myself. Good luck with the website design and can't wait to see what you're going to share! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. your lemon meringue pie looks amazing! Can't wait to see more re your business.....am watching this space x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing wonderful information, it is really nice information.architects-origami-house

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been reading you for a while now and I can't wait to hear about your new business!
    PS: Lemon pies are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had me at the first photo ~ one of my favs! My peonies will be out soon ~ everything is later here and because of the winter and late spring things are later again! Happy weekend and cannot wait to hear all about your business.

    ReplyDelete