Sunday, 23 June 2013

Keep it simple. 


























Apologies for my absence, I have had a couple of weeks of illness including bronchitis, but on the mend now and I have this compelling need to clear the decks and simplify things. Although we are able to work on the outbuildings and garden, we have to wait while the planning application is considered before making any major changes to the house itself. However that hasn't stopped me from stripping wallpaper in the spare rooms in anticipation of when we can really get our teeth into turning the house into our home. As each week passes, I feel as though I am getting to understand the house and how we should best implement the changes. I strongly believe that houses have their own character, I remember very well when my ex husband and I were first looking for a home, actually refusing to go in to some of the houses, we both just felt something "wasn't right", funnily enough one the houses that we disliked on sight is frequently for sale, so you wonder, maybe the vibes just aren't right!!






































all images from previous posts.

Wishing you all a very happy new week ahead.

xxx


2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you.....houses most definitely have their own vibes! You must be so enjoying your project......and I do hope you are on the mend now? Lovely serene pictures to start the week - thank you!

    Have a lovely week......

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I hope you really feel better now and I can imagine your enthousiasm for this project. Lots of work to do but it gives such a satisfaction. Gorgeous previous posts images!

    ReplyDelete