Sunday, 28 April 2013

Real Luxury.

What do you think of as a luxury? Cashmere, expensive holidays, designer labels?
 Yes all of the above, but recently I have been pondering on how easy it is to overlook the value of the simple things in life that cost little, are often free, and we sometimes take for granted.

 Here are some of my luxuries.

Happy, healthy children,
Freshly laundered bed linen.
A day in the garden,
Warm sunshine,
The smell and sound of the beach,
Freshly washed hair,
That first cup of coffee in the morning,
Time to be me,
A lie in,
A good book,
Friends that "get me",
To love and be loved,
A walk in the country with my dogs,
Creativity,
A sense of belonging,
Bluebell woods,
Birdsong,
Picnics,
Staying in my pyjamas for as long as I choose,
Laughter,
Kindness.
























images via crush cul de sac, tiny white daisies and previous posts.


Have a chilled Sunday.

xxx

7 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about this very topic recently. I love the reminder. Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  2. very true indeed lovely every day points nice post
    leon10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spot on, especially happy healthy children, I also just saw your by line at the side, mostly snap to everything listed, Muslim cloths liz earl cleanse and polish!
    Hope you had a good Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love,love,love this post! I agree withe very words,
    un bacio
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything you list is a true luxury to me too! Other luxuries I would add are picking my own home grown organic vegetables and also having an entire day ahead with no agenda whatsoever, to just 'potter'.

    Love this post!

    Have a lovely week.

    Sophia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just LOVE this post! Lovely.....

    Take care,
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ihave found myself feeling the same way.. This was a nice read.

    Cheers,
    Kelsey.

    ReplyDelete