Monday, 15 April 2013

Happy Monday.












images previous post.


I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I spent most to the time planning the garden and the changes I would like to make to it. One thing we need to do as a priority is to improve the drainage on the site, this will delay some of the planting ideas I have, however I think living with the space for a while is a positive move. It is in this way that you learn more about the garden, what sort of soil you have, where the full sun is etc. I have become rather addicted to gardening books, trying to absorb as much information as possible. My current gardening "bibles" are The Complete Gardener by Monty Don and Grow your own cut flowers by Sarah Raven. I lose myself in the gorgeous gardens I see in magazines and dream of achieving something similar in my garden here.




Enjoy The Week Ahead.

xxx







4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a lot of fun planning everything out. I have enjoyed watching Monty Don's "Fork to Fork" videos on YouTube, but didn't know he has a book out. He's not a big name over here in the states, but I thoroughly enjoy him and will have to check out where I can find the book. Thanks for the info. Nothing is more fun to me than gardening. Happy Monday to you too!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds you have a lovely bussy time with reading garden books and be bussy in the garden and the good weather is now comming very soon and if everthing is done en finish you can relax en and enjoy your new pretty garden en read a book in it with a cup of tea its a little work but it turns out very nice in the end have a lovely day leon10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. We're lost in gardening thoughts here, too. And also in a new place where we want to do things differently than we have before. We just had time last fall when we moved here, to put in a few bags of daffodils and we have so enjoyed them this spring. I quite agree with you that it is worth it to take time to plan well first and lay a solid foundation (drainage, etc.). It makes for much greater peace and beauty in the long run. Patience might be the gardener's biggest challenge, but it sounds like you have the wisdom of a true gardener.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your beautiful blog and spent last week looking at it from the beginning. I loved looking at the beautiful pictures and reading your thoughts. Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful and special place.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete