Sunday, 3 February 2013

Yummy, Yummy.


all images via the little corner.

I have reached an age when I have to start thinking about my weight. Up until now I have always been fortunate in keeping my weight pretty consistent, I have been lucky in being able to eat really as I wished and if I had put on a few pounds it was easy to shift them. Now however although my weight still stays fairly regular I do need to give more consideration to what I eat and drink.
There is alot in the press currently re the IF diet, ( Intermittent Fasting). This normally involves eating your normal diet for 5 days of the week and then having a diet free of carbs and usually 600 calories a day for the remaining 2 days. My other half and I have decided to give this a go, we eat a pretty healthy diet anyway, but certainly this way of eating seems to have other health benefits apart from weight loss. I will let you know how it goes and my thoughts on its ease, benefits and success as I go along. In the meantime there is an article about this way of eating in the current issue of RED MAGAZINE. If any of you have tried this eating plan, do let me know your experiences of it and how you got on.



Happy Eating.
xxx

5 comments:

  1. I've just discovered your gorgeous blog, I love your creations!! Love Francesca, a new new blogger)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :-) I am so with you...I used to be able to eat anything and it seemed to have little effect. Now - well the tide is just starting to turn. I am not sure how to feel about that! I want to not care and just be happy with what happens but deep down I know I have always loved being slim and being able to wear what I want and not worry about eating cakes! I guess it couldn't have gone on forever! I did read about the fasting diet and know people who have tried it. I do think it works but I am not sure it's for me. I need to have food to punctuate my day otherwise I don't feel right! The trick for me is to eat less and move more - pretty simple really. I'd be interested if you tried it though...Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your images are wonderful. Love the old granite cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful. It makes me want to go cook! The blueberries, especially, always get me. I love their deep, blue, dusky color. Lush. Thank you.

    I couldn't tell you a thing about diets, but I think this year I might learn a thing or two...after it warms up, of course. We're still coasting on comfort food here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading about this too & like the sound of it actually...would love to hear how you get on with it :)

    ReplyDelete