Monday, 18 February 2013


Quintessentially English.

all the above images are from the hugely talented Annabel Elliot

I make no apologises for my bias towards the traditional English interior. I love houses that have that lived in feel, that aren't contrived, over designed and "in fashion". Don't get me wrong, I drool over elegant white interiors, I love the simplicity of them, how everything is useful as well as beautiful. However for me the "country house" look is just more my cup of tea. There is something so natural about the way these interiors have just evolved over time, how all the items in them mean something and have a memory attached to them. There is a warmth and truth to these homes that I find both striking and comforting.

all images google and previous posts.

Big suidgy sofas, full to the floor drapes, large warm kitchens, Agas and Rayburns, dogs, wellington boots, paintings, dressers laden with miss matched china, Barbours, log fires, vases full of garden flowers. books, children's drawings pinned to the fridge, family photos, pony rosettes, boot rooms, roll top baths, high beds covered in eiderdowns. Laughter, Memories, Colour, Texture and Meaning.

Have a Wonderful Week Ahead.
xxx

3 comments:

  1. lovely like also english houses and cottage life style very pretty
    leon10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I agree!
    The English country style is my favourite too.
    In our house, the style is definitely more shabby than chic - but we're filled with laughter and memories from when the children were younger - much more important to us than matching cushions!!
    Hope you have a lovely week,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. You added a touch of beauty to my day.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete