Thursday, 15 September 2011


Country Love and Autumn Days.




Berries, roaring fires, brisk county walks, wet dogs, warm socks in wellies, steaming mugs of hot chocolate, barbours, early nights, damson jam, soft throws, scented candles and hip flasks.



 above images by me


Bracken, crunchy leaves, rivers, heather and gorse, lazy cattle, jewel like colours, frosty mornings, bonfires, horses hooves, game pies, a good book, tweeds and checks, tartans and conkers.


Orchards, crumbles, snuggly jumpers, wooly hats, cosy pyjamas, BBC drama, jacket potaotes, sloe gin, pub lunches, buckets full of apples, baskets filled with cones, pheasants and pumpkins, ribbed tights and cashmere cardis.


I am SUCH a country girl it is in my blood, I cannot imagine living in a town again (although I loved my time living and working in London when I was younger) For me the countryside is part of my personality and essential to my wellbeing. Autumn has to be my favourite time of year, the surrounding country looks at it's very best. I am never happier than when walking with my dogs on the moor, it is food for the soul.

Tomorrow I will be back with my "Famous Five" and, I will be passing it on!

xxx






1 comment: