Monday, 31 January 2011


7 Things For A Monday





I was really thrilled to see this morning that Lou has given me and some other lovely bloggers the Stylish Blogger Award.

Here are 7 things about me.



1. My Home is of HUGE importance to me, I spent the first 9 years of my life travelling. My Father was in the Royal Air Force so we never settled anywhere for very long, I think this is why my need to nest and put down roots is so strong.





2. My favourite style in clothes: dresses, I love the femininity of them and the pretty vintage fabrics. This is not always practical living in the country, but hey, throw a cashmere cardie on and all is well!





3. I love the natural look, healthy, happy and someone who is comfortable in their own skin. I confess I am a bit of a walk over when new creams etc come onto the market. I have a smattering of freckles, which as a child I hated, now I rather like them. I do not wear too much makeup but I do get my hair highlighted.





4. My weaknesses,  flowers, scented candles, glossy magazines, champagne ( or at least a chilled white wine ). Cashmere, shoes and handbags and gorgeous white bedlinen. Gosh, that is quite alot isn't it!?






5. I need my space. After my marriage broke up, I spent a long time with just myself and my daughter before meeting my lovely man. I am quite a reflective person, so the need for "me time" is strong. I think it is healthy to be comfortable in your own company, It makes the time with others even more special.





6. I love the sunshine. Maybe it was my early years spent abroad in hot countries, but I adore the feel of the sun on my body. Warmth and light are important to my general sense of well being. Although I do enjoy snuggling in front of a lovely log fire during the winter months, I have to admit to counting down the days to the summer and  trips to our lovely beaches.





7. Confession time! I am not a saver, I do like my retail therapy. I am getting much better at saying no, if it doesn't instantly grab me, then I am able to walk away.....most of the time!



Thank you for the lovely award.




x








1 comment:

  1. Lovely list you have here and I like learning new thoughts from you. You didn't pass it on to anyone though! Pretty images as ever...Lou x

    ReplyDelete