Friday, 10 December 2010



Friday Festivities.








It has been a busy, busy week, trying to fit in all the demands of this time of year, plus shattered windscreens! Icy roads and cancelled events at my daughter's college. I am having a drinks party here on Sunday, so very relieved that we have a rest bite from the cold snap. Busy decorating, making canapes, blitzing the house and getting all ready. I am serving a gorgeous welcome champagne cocktail, sloe gin and champagne, DELICIOUS, try it, you will love it and such a pretty colour too.


The tree is up, and one for outside with pretty white lights. I so enjoy choosing the trees, REAL for me, the smell is wonderful. Our decorations have been collected over time, each year we add to it and, from my daughter's first Christmas we have chosen a new bauble so that when she has her own home she will have a wonderful selection to decorate her first tree, with memories from each year.










Whatever you are doing this weekend, I raise a glass to you.
x

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo of the baubles on the stairs. Don't tell Health and Safety though - it's a total accident waiting to happen!

    ReplyDelete