Sunday, 8 August 2010


Knowing, Searching


Apologies, this is rather a heavy post today, forgive me!


I feel that I am searching, I need to find ME, I have no sense of identity and it is an unsettling sensation, but, one which I seem to carry with me.  I am sure I am not alone in experiencing the self doubt and, wonder whether it is obvious to others. I have read articles over the years that advocate the theory that how we feel about ourselves, even subconsciously, is how other people perceive you. I know that I "think" I give off an air of confidence in public, someone who is "on top of things" happy etc but I really believe now that is not what people see or "Get" from me, rather, my true sense of self is actually the message being given.

How many of us can really say we are "centred?" To me that is what I strive for and hope I will achieve. We all go through periods in our lives when we feel that we have lost our way a bit, and, for most of the time I think we probably consider life to be good, that we know who we are and where we are going, however, at the moment I am very aware of a pressing NEED to discover my true self.

GOODNESS, sorry folks, that is all rather heavy for a Sunday evening! One of the many things I love and value about having a blog, is being able to share things and know that somewhere out there it will resonate with someone, and you don't feel quite so isolated in your thoughts.


image madelyn mulvaney







I LOVE the energy and sense of embracing the moment in this image.

all other images rodney smith

Thank you for listening!
x


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your honesty and you are not alone. For me as a woman, mom, wife, friend etc., I am always on the go and doing for everybody else and somewhere I have lost myself too. I loved your post and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful post....so beautifully written.

    I "get" what you have written...and, for what it's worth, think your feelings are quite normal. I would add too that the fact that you are understanding what you are feeling right now and that you can be so eloquent about it does indeed mean that you do have a sense of your true self - probably much more than you realise.

    I think it is a good thing and a positive thing to challenge yourself, to learn new things about yourself, to want to change and to question yourself.....if we were already satisfied by this stage in our life, it would just be no fun at all would it. Although some days it would feel an awful lot easier ;)

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again - I've been going through your blog having just discovered it, and this is just such a beautiful post. I totally identify with how you are feeling - although hopefully (as this post is dated August and i'm writing in late Spetember) you're feeling more 'centered'now. Regardless, know that you are not alone in how you are feeling and as Simone says - it can only be a positive thing to identify and challenge our feelings. Wonderful blog - wonderful style! xxx

    ReplyDelete