Tuesday, 8 June 2010

The Past Is So Now









How many of us can remember, either things from our Grandparents houses, or from our childhood homes that we now wish we had in our own? I can recall the sale of things when my Grandparents gave up their farm, if only I knew then, what I know now, all those lovely pieces of furniture, linens and other items, then thought of as not very desirable, now seen and sought after as lovely vintage finds. Maybe that is why the huge success of shabbychic resonates so deeply with so many of us. I LOVE the interiors and inspiration  of Rachel Ashwell, whatever your budget, you can take away an idea. something, however small, that  you can add to your home. Sometimes it is something as simple as a worn piece of fabric that can inspire a whole room makeover. Our tastes can change over the years, but, I believe there is always something from the past that is still so relevant today.







all images from  here


There is a fabulous Giveaway over on Dustylu drop by and look at her lovely blog.


x




No comments:

Post a Comment