Tuesday, 22 January 2013


 Tuesday Colour.





































images via dreamy whites, crush cul de sac and google images.

As it is snowing heavily here in Devon I thought a splash of  colour would remind us that Spring will be along, it just may take a while to get here! I haven't been able to get my car out of here since Thursday, cabin fever had started take hold, but I managed to get out this morning courtesy of a car with snow chains. I never realised that a trip to Waitrose could feel quite so enjoyable!
 My Mother reminded me the other evening of the really severe winter of 1963 here in Britain. My brother didn't go to school for nearly 6 weeks and my Grandfather had to throw away the milk from the cows on the farm as no one could reach them to collect it. So I mustn't complain about a few days stuck at home, there are worse places, I have a lovely log fire burning and now a fridge full of food, so hey, all is good. I hope you are all managing to stay warm and safe.






































images via the little corner.

xxx

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful images to warm the 'cockles'!
    I love the pretty pink tulips.
    I have just re-read your previous post, and you are very much among friends here.
    As the poster said 'Chin up buttercup'!!
    Hope you have a lovely day, and enjoy the peace of the snow.
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, really brightened up my day! hope you are keeping warm sweetie

    Bee happy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color is *very* welcome, especially in the form of fruit, flowers, and sea. As always, thank you for your creative work. Beautiful. I especially love how the raspberry and tulip colors play off of each other.

    When you said "throw away the milk," I suddenly had visions of frozen milk splashed out across the top of the snowdrifts. White on white.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't realize it snowed that much in England. I thought you had mild winters similar to Washington state or Oregon. Sounds like you're having a cold and snowy winter like us. Getting some snow tonight, but your pictures brighten any day.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete