Tuesday, 20 November 2012

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!





































These gorgeous images come via: crush cul de sac, pretty stuff and the fuller view.

I know I know, it is still early but I am struggling to hold back on the Christmas spirit. I do this every year and always have the feeling of peaking too early so that by the time Christmas arrives I am quite exhausted by it all. I also suffer from a desire to achieve a level of perfection where I want everything to be absolutely beautiful, resembling a scene from The White Company catalogue. I would venture that I am not alone in trying to emulate the ideal Christmas.
 I have to say that I am always pretty happy with the end results. I love collecting armfuls of ivy and holly and evergreen foliage from the surrounding fields. I make my own wreath and customise it with berries and add some bling from a sparkly spray can. My lights adorn both inside and out, but they are ALWAYS white. As I am busy decorating in between working, I hope......that some of the main living areas will be finished before the big day. However it is amazing how one can create a sense of magic with scented candles, some sparkle, friends and family and a large glass of fizz!!





3 comments:

  1. Ha! I feel exactly the same way.
    I have GOT to hang on till 1st of December, then it's Christmas free for all!!
    I am itching to start decorating the house.
    Hope you have a lovely day,
    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!! I am so with you! I get Christmas fatigue by about the 15th December, It's actually now that I love - the anticipation and the prospect. When it comes to it, by the 24th I am on my knees! Such a shame. I love the images you have here and similarly want to climb into a catalogue. I wonder if there is any way round this?! The sound of homemade wreaths and ivy and berries is lovely. Lou x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post - looooooooove it.........thank you so much for sharing!!!!
    Enjoy your weekend, Jade

    ReplyDelete